It's newest (v.1) version of rules:
- Be understandable - Post in proper English. If it is not your primary language then at least post in a readable fashion.
- No illegal activity - You are not allowed to break the law using this board. This can get this board into legal trouble. Posting links to warez or other illegal content is illegal, so this counts as a violation of this rule.
- No advertising - You are not permitted to make money using this board. You are not allowed to use the member list to obtain Instant Messenging screennames to harrass people to purchase a product from you.
- No double posting or spamming - You may not post more than once in a row in the same thread. Posting lots of times in a row reduces the quality of the board, is a waste of the board's memory, and provides the culprit with ill earned post count points. Double posts will be merged into regular posts, and you will lose 10 postcount for each of the posts excluding the first one. Your post count can be changed to a negative number if necessary. The only exeption to this rule is if your edit timer for the post has run out, in which case you may double post if you have something important to add. Spamming is also not allowed, and is defined as a post that has no meaning.
- No topic bumping - If a topic you created has no replies, you may not post again in it, although you may edit the post if the timer has not run out. If you made the thread because you need help with something, you may post again as long as you include additional information about your problem (the fact that you really really want it fixed does not count as additional information). You must post this in the same thread, and you are not allowed to create more than one thread per topic.
- No posting personal info - You may not post your full personal data. This is because this information then becomes accessible to anyone.
- No hacking - This should go without saying, but you are not permitted to hack the board. Guessing someone else's password and succeeding counts as hacking. Members who hack will instantly be permanently banned without any warnings.
- No discrimination - You may not insult members based on their religion, race, sex, political beliefs, or whether they are gay or straight. This is worse than flaming, because it also hurts other members of the board who fall into the catagory you insult. This board is a place where everyone is equal, and discrimination will NOT be tolerated!
- No bullying - Do not pick on other members. The worst kind of bullying is where new members are picked on. This hurts the member as well as the board.
- No flaming - Flaming harms the nice atmosphere on this board. It also causes thread's to go off topic, and most importantly, it hurts the person being flamed. The victom may defend themselves against any accusations made to them, but may not make any additional accusations to the flamer (which also counts as flaming).
- No shouting - Do not write posts using ALL CAPS on the forums.
- No profanity or obscene content - Such content does not belong on this board. Please edit your post and tone it down. To edit a post, click the "Edit" button right below it.
- No threatening to leave the board - Due to past experiences on other boards, I have had to add this rule. You may not make posts threatening to leave the board. This causes flaming to occur. Because of what a problem this is, I cannot issue a warning for violations. Anyone responding poorly to these threads will also be banned.
- Respect the forum staff and the other forum members
Additional rules for moderators
- No abuse of the ban system. - Please do not abuse the ban system.
- avoid excessive moderation - Please avoid excessive moderation as this will kill the forum, so moderate only when you do need it to.
- Only change user passwords if needed - Also, be sure to set a secret question on your account in case if you need to change your password in the future.
- Be active - If you are a moderator and you do not sign onto the forums for a long time, your account will be changed to a regular member until you return and confirm that it is you on your account again. This is to protect the integrity of the forum
- Respect the forum staff and the other forum members
What will happpen if you break one of these rules:
- Warning - Depending on how serious a violation is, you may be issued a warning first. This is where a public announcement is made that mentions your name and that you have broken a rule. The staff will determine whether you knew what you were doing was wrong or whether a warning is nessisary to explain it do you. If a staff member do not give a warning, the staff member will skip ahead to the next step in the penalty list.
- Temporary ban - People who cause more problems after geting more warnings will be banned for some days and up to for one month for the next offense. This is where you are not able to view this board for a certain period of time.
- Permanent ban - At this point, it is obvious that will never learn your lesson, thus, a permanent ban is necessary to be rid of the problems you cause. You can never again view this board.
- There are no excuses for breaking the rules. It doesn't matter if you were angry at the time and weren't thinking straight. It doesn't matter if you were only kidding around. If you break a rule, it does the same damage, regardless of your reasons for breaking it, and you will be punished all the same.
- Staff abuse will not be tolerated. As a staff member, your job is to help the people, not harm them. You may only use your powers for the purposes that they have been given to you for. There is no limit on how much you may be punished for this severe offense as this must be stopped at all costs to protect the people. This means that if you abuse your powers, there is a good chance you will be permanently banned.
- Harrassing the administration about punishments is not allowed. The administrators and moderators are only trying to do their job, and many times they have to make difficult decisions. You may post your opinion in the thread that announces the punishment, so long as you do not flame anyone. If this thread gets out of hand, it will be closed, and you may not complain elsewhere on the board, or by other means including, but not limited to: private messages, instant messaging programs, email, telephone calls, and house visits. You also may not make threats against administrators or moderators (or other members for that matter...). Punishments for harrassment range from some days ban for minor harrasments to a permanent ban if serious threats are involved.
- If you break more than one rule, the punishments will stack up to a maximum of a month, or a permanent ban if neccessary.
All messages made available as part of this board and any opinions, advice, statements or other information contained in any messages posted or transmitted by any third party are the responsibility of the author of that message and not of the site owner (unless the site owner is specifically identified as the author of the message). The fact that a particular message is posted on or transmitted using this web site does not mean that the site owner has endorsed that message in any way or verified the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. We encourage visitors to the forum to report any objectionable message to benjamin[at]rosseaux[dot]com. This forum is not monitored 24/7.
All links on this site which refer to pages not explicitly belonging to this site (all pages at the domain "micro64.de") are solely provided for informational and entertaining purposes. We disclaim any responsibility for the contents of these pages authored by other individuals or entities. The opinions expressed on the pages directly linked to and any other pages linked to from these foreign sites do not necessarily reflect our own opinions.
Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners.